Please see our reception team if you require any further information on Maroochy RSL’s policies.
Maroochy RSL is fully committed to maintaining a professional and responsible approach in managing all aspects of our facilities. We prioritise the safety and well-being of our valued patrons above all else. We believe that every individual deserves respect, and at Maroochy RSL, we show our concern for both our employees and patrons. Our goal is to ensure your satisfaction during your visit with us. Please remember that your conduct is your own responsibility. It is important to note that using inappropriate language, displaying loud or demanding behaviour, or making threats is strictly prohibited within our premises. We have a zero-tolerance policy for such actions, and they will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Thank you and enjoy your visit here at the Maroochy RSL
The Board and Management of Maroochy RSL makes a commitment to maintain the Responsible Service of Alcohol in a safe environment for all members, patrons, visitors and the local community. Service of alcohol will be denied to any person suspected of being under 18 years of age and to any person who is at that time considered to be in, or approaching a state of intoxication.
The Board and Management acknowledge their Duty of Care and agree:
- That patrons and the local community are not obliged to tolerate any inconvenience or disturbance as a result of the way that Maroochy RSL conducts its business
- Not to sell or supply alcoholic beverages to any person who is at that time considered to be in or approaching a state of intoxication. Under the Liquor Act a person is considered to be unduly intoxicated if; the person’s speech, balance, coordination or behaviour is noticeably affected; and it is reasonably believed that this has been caused by the consumption of liquor, drugs or other intoxicating susbtance.
- That management and staff have a statutory responsibility to deny the sale or consumption of alcohol to any person whom they consider may be intoxicated and reserve the right to deny entry into the club to any person whom they consider may be intoxicated
- To provide in house training on patron duty of care to all staff
- To record all incidents that result in the refusal of service due to intoxication and to maintain these records on file at the venue
- To deny the service of alcohol to any person suspected of being under 18 years of age
- To ensure that only the authorised forms of identification as defined in the Liquor Act are accepted as a means of age identification and service will be refused to anyone who is asked to produce age identification and refuses, for whatever reason to do so could result in fines
Maroochy RSL is committed to providing an environment in which the gambling conducted minimises harm and meets community expectations.
Gaming facilities are provided in the club for the enjoyment of members and their guests. Where problem gambling occurs Maroochy RSL is happy to provide information regarding community organisations that will provide support and advice.
Maroochy RSL aspires to achieve a harm minimisation objective in its operations by:
- Provide gambling services and practices that conform to all applicable Acts and Regulations
- Promoting responsible gambling practices that conform to local community standards and expectations
- Implementing policies to encourage responsible practices in promotions relating to gambling
- Developing a policy that ensures all legislative requirements related to cheque cashing, payment of winnings and financial transactions are implemented and encourages patrons to develop responsible practices in the use of finances for gambling purposes
- Establishing a pleasant and safe gambling environment
- Encouraging patrons to take responsibility for their gambling activity through an effective self exclusion procedure upon request
- Developing and maintaining effective links between our club and community organisations such as Gambling Help Online, Gambling Helpline -1800 858 858 – a free, confidential telephone help service which operates 24 hours a day, Gamblers Anonymous – 1800 002 210 and Financial First Aid Line – 1800 007 007
- Not permitting persons under 18 years of age in the gaming area at any time. If anyone under age is found in this area the parent/guardian must be advised that they are not permitted in the area. If a parent/guardian needs to be asked a second time they may be asked to leave the club. Babies are included in this restriction
- Persons who are refused drink service will not be permitted to gamble
1. Management reserves the right to determine the dress standards at all times
2. Appearance must be clean, neat and tidy at all times
3. The following are not permitted at any time:
3.1 Bare feet
3.2 Swim wear
3.3 Clothing with obscene or offensive designs or writing
3.4 Head wear, An exemption may be granted for special occasions such as Melbourne Cup and for medical reasons and religious beliefs with management consent
3.5 Any prohibited items associated with a declared criminal organisation including clothing, jewellery or accesories displaying the name, insignia or symbols of the criminal organisation.
3.6 No face coverings outside of respiratory protection (face mask for infection control)
Maroochy RSL is bound by the National Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988. Maroochy RSL has a commitment to privacy and the safeguarding of member, visitor and staff personal information.
It is Maroochy RSL’s usual practice to collect personal information directly from you.
Personal information will be collected only by fair and lawful means.
Personal information will only be collected if it is necessary for the activities of Maroochy RSL or is required by law.
Maroochy RSL will only use your personal information for the reasons for which it was collected and will not use or disclose your personal information unless you have consented, you would reasonably expect us to do so, it is required or authorised under law, or as otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
You may access any personal information that Maroochy RSL holds about you and you can ask that your personal information is corrected. If you have any concerns about your personal information held by Maroochy RSL you may contact Maroochy RSL regarding those concerns.
If you are on a Maroochy RSL mailing list you may opt out of receiving any further information by advising Reception at Maroochy RSL.
The Chief Executive Officer
P O Box 5824 BC
Maroochydore QLD 4558
For the convenience of our smoking patrons, throughout Maroochy RSL in various locations we have provided designated outside smoking areas.
These are located:
- At the front of Gaming Lounge
- At the rear of Gaming Lounge
- To the left of the Cafe, up the stair well
- Adjacent to Elevations Bar, on the mezzanine level of the club
No food is permitted in a DOSA at any time. No alcohol may be taken into a DOSA after 10pm. Broadcasting of promotions is unlawful in any DOSA.
1. Management reserves the right to refuse entry
2. Members and reciprocal members must show their membership card or photo ID on entry after 10pm or when requested
3. Dress regulations must be observed
4. No external food or drink are allowed in Maroochy RSL
5. NO persons who are adversely affected by or under the influence of alcohol or drugs or who are carrying weapons (including any item potential to cause injury or harm to another) will be permitted to enter Maroochy RSL
6. All backpacks, suitcases larger than 40cm x 40cm x 20cm and shopping of any description must be placed in the cloakroom
7. Children under the age of 18:
7.1 Are only allowed to enter Maroochy RSL if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian accepted as such by management
7.2 Must be supervised at all times and must leave Maroochy RSL by 11:00pm
Acceptable forms of identification
- a photo identification card (for example, a Proof of Age card or Australia Post Keypass identity card)
- Australian driver’s licence or learner permit
- foreign driver licence
- passport (from any country)
- other recognised proof of age cards.
Many of the acceptable forms of ID are now available in a digital version. These include:
- the Australia Post Keypass identity card (Keypass in Digital iD™)
- the South Australian driver’s licence is available through the MySA GOV app
- the New South Wales Digital Driver Licence
- the Queensland Digital Licence App,